Pomona, NY – There was quite a buzz at the 2015 SHOT Show in Las Vegas in January, and a lot of that excitement was due to the unveiling of the new Gen2 Kahr Premium Series pistols. A year ago, the engineers at Kahr took a look at their existing premium line and decided to start with the basics, but then re-engineered it to give it a refreshing new look. The result is a new design that is sleeker and more tactical in appearance than their existing premium models.
The new Gen2 Premium pistols speak to the quality, accuracy and 100% made in the USA product that has always been Kahr’s mission. With even tighter tolerances and so many upgrades, it truly is the second generation of Kahr pistols. Some of the added value features of the new Gen2 Premium series include:
- shortened trigger stroke allowing for quicker firing rates – 30% shorter than premium model
- integrated trigger safety
- accessory rail for lasers and lights
- front slide serrations on 5” and 6” barrel models
- 6” compensated barrel model
- Leupold® Deltapoint™ Red Dot mount (5” barrel models) with tall target sights
- Leupold® Deltapoint™ Red Dot optic included with 6” barrel models
- TRUGLO® TFX™ Tritium/Fiber-Optic Day/Night sights standard on 3.5” and 4” barrel models
- Safe-Cam striker-fired action
- double recoil spring system for reduced felt recoil
- redesigned magazine base and grip for a sleeker look
- slide machined from the highest quality of stainless steel available for firearms
- erial tag on grip frame
- ergonomic single stack grip frame fits most hand sizes from small to large
- ships with 3 magazines and a lockable, hard, polymer case
The Gen2 Premium pistols will be offered in a total of 12 models, four barrel lengths and three calibers including 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP. MSRP on the new series will range from $976 to $1668 and will be available in the 9mm and .45 ACP in July/August 2015 and the .40 S&W in December 2015.
For a look at the exciting new Gen2 Premium pistols, check us out in booth #2049 at the NRA Annual Meeting in Nashville April 10-12, 2015. Go to www.youtube.com/user/KahrArms/videos to see several of the Kahr Gen2 Premium pistols in action.